Normally when an ATF agent comes to your door AND the topic of conversation for the night is prison - you end up not having a very good evening. Lucky for us that in this case the evening represents an anticipated annual tradition - when #NAME# makes his yearly visit to the Charlotte are to connect with the one or two thousand Grove City Alumnis that he personally knows in the area (he knows everyone....). He usually stays with the Frank's and then makes day trips out to see other friends. Last year we met him and the Frank clan at McCallisters but this year the Drescher's hosted a combo event; The #NAME# visit + a brainstorming session lead by Bruce to explore ways to solve the growing prison crisis.
Around our discussion table we had quite an assortment of skills and experiences to bring to bear on the prison issue:
- Pete - Economics Professor
- #NAME# - Federal ATF Agent
- Bruce - Prison Fellowship Ministries
- James - IT Project Manager
- Katie - Retired Prison Fellowship Ministries
- Lynn - Prior Small Business Owner
- Karin - Previous IT Consultant and Prior Small Business Owner
Bruce led us through the document below in order to highlight the issues and to try to get us all thinking outside the box on some creative solutions. Take a minute to read the document - you will be amazed and saddened by many of the statistics. I can't say that we had an ah-hah moment and permanently solved the problem, but we were able to give Bruce some good input that he will take and continue to build on when he meets with others on this same topic.
Next the conversation turned to our favorite when #NAME# is in town; First you hear someone ask, "#NAME#, are you packing?" and then "#NAME#, tell us a story." And boy did he. I wish I could share some of the highlights of this hour long story of intrigue, surveillance, and tour de ATF Force, but I can't.... Let's just say that after hearing his stories, my job SUCKS.
PS - I have not included his real name b/c I need to make sure it is ok to do so. He has been "made" while undercover in the past via pictures on the internet and I want to make sure he is cool with this content before adding his name.


No comments:
Post a Comment