Will I ever get over my incessant need to alliterate all my blog post titles? Not never no time soon you negligent naysayer.
Spring arrived early in Charlotte today! 65 degrees, sunny, and CharMeck had school off today. Sounds like the recipe for a fun afternoon...and so it was. The Murphy's planned on stopping over for lunch before heading out to Jetton park but the kids had so much darn fun they decided to skip out on Jetton. Panini sandwiches for lunch - kids on bottom patio - adults (dolts as Ava calls us) on the top deck, timed obstacle courses in the driveway, muddy playing in the lot next door, creek hikes, and tree swinging. It was a fantastic way to spend a gorgeous afternoon.
However....my favorite part was this.... As the kids were directly below us on the patio while we were on the top deck, I yelled down and said "you better hope we don't spill anything" and they were all like "yea!!" Well wouldn't you know that about 10 minutes later as I reached across the table to give Branson something I knocked over a large glass of water which poured off the table, onto the deck floor, and then down onto all the kids eating their lunches. Oh if I could have recorded the sounds of their screaming. Priceless :)







Fun Day! We all really enjoyed it. Great weather, great food, great friends....what more do we need? You guys rock. Riley is still mad about the water bomb.
ReplyDelete