Tuesday, May 24, 2011

All Creation Shouts His Name

Funny how little things like having a garden can make a verse of scripture or a song more meaningful.  It has been so fun to watch the crazy growth of our garden over the last couple months.  All these plants started as tiny seeds....and now they are huge!

I picked 162 sugar snap peas the other night.  Cooking them is super easy; boil a cup or two of water in a pot, throw the peas in for 3 - 5 minutes, season with sea salt, and eat!  Our harvest tally is up to about 400 so far this season.

I have been manually pollenating our two Zuk plants and it looks like things are starting to happen!  We got our first zuk the other day and within 2 hrs of picking it, we were eating fresh bread made by Karin.....yum!!!  I think I see 3 or 4 more zuks on the way...


The garden boxes started out so nice and neat with each little transplant staying in it's respective square foot space.  Now they plants are duking it out for who gets the most sun and as expected, the elephant ear sized zuk plants are trouncing everyone else.

1 comment:

  1. Look at that fecund garden!! :) (Don't say that too fast...)

    Everything is looking great. I wish we had some peas right about now.

    ReplyDelete